First Day of Fall

Happy belated first day of Fall! I did not realize that that was yesterday until I got to work in the morning and saw Google's cute little ad. I panicked! What kind of Kindergarten doesn't know the date of the first day of fall and prepare crafts and fun activities well in advance?! This kind. But you know what, I did a great job of winging it and the kids had no clue that it was all planned last minute! Hooray! Thanks to a few other wonderful teachers who shared their ideas, we were able to celebrate the change of season all day.

First, we used a few worksheets from this awesome packet by This Reading Mama to practice math skills such as counting and sorting pumpkins, scarecrows, leaves and more by different attributes.


Next, because we are working on reading color words and drawing detailed pictures, we completed the coloring sheet that you can see on the bottom, right of the picture above. After coloring in the tree and leaves, I asked everyone to add at least five details to the background.





Then we reviewed letter sounds using this fun activity from Miss Kindergarten that you can pick up here.


That's about all I was able to squeeze in today, but I wanted to share this fabulous list of 50 Free Fall Printables for Kids that saved my life today!

No comments

Back to Top