3D Shapes

This week we are going to be learning all about 3D shapes in Math. I always have a hard time making this topic interesting and fun, so this year I've rounded up some great resources from pinterest and some of my favorite teacher bloggers.

To introduce the 3D's I found this cute poem on pinterest. I couldn't find the source, so I'm not sure who the original author of the poem is, but here's a copy I made that you can cut and use in a pocket chart or however you want!


While reciting the poem, I will give the students manipulatives so that they can see and touch these shapes and understand that they truly are "fat, not flat". 

Next we'll listen and sing along to Harry Kindergarten's song: 3D Shapes I Know.


I will also use this awesome powerpoint by Mrs. Ricca to look at real life objects and figure out what 3D shape they are.

Finally, we will work together to sort objects by their shape in a pocket chart using yet another freebie from Mrs. Ricca. 


Here are some more fabulous freebies to help you teach 3D shapes!






No comments

Back to Top