Behavior Rewards

Today I finally got around to rewarding my little guys and girls for their good behavior last month! I try to do this right at the end of each month, but I always end up having to push it back a day or two because of special events, days off, you name it! Anyways, they spend all month working hard to earn behavior tickets which they keep in a little pocket inside the classroom. Every time I catch one of them doing something awesome I very publicly praise them and give them a ticket to stick in their "pocket". The tickets are nothing special, I literally just printed out a ticket template and wrote "best behavior" on a bunch of them, but the prizes are what make them so exciting for the kids.

I used to give them candy, toys, pencils, stickers, etc... but after a few months of doing that I was tired of having to run out to the store the night before our trade-in day and spend my own money on these little prizes. SO, I researched some easier, cheaper, and more effective ways of handling this dilemma and found out that a lot of teachers use coupons for privileges as their rewards.

I created a set of printable coupons that I laminate and keep in a little Sterilite 5-drawer shelf that I can reuse every month. The kids trade in their tickets to buy the following privileges:
*Line leader for one day
*Eat lunch with your teacher
*Use any pencil you want for one day
*Pick a treat
*Show and Tell
*Bring your favorite book to share
*Use the iPad for 15 minutes
*Switch seats on the carpet for one day

If you are interested in doing the same thing, you can pick up your own set of coupons at my TPT store by clicking on the picture below. 



No comments

Back to Top