Wish Lists

Our Kindergarten morning message today: It is way too hot!

This week has been ridiculously hot. We've had temperatures over 100 degrees every day since Sunday! I can't complain too much about the heat though because we had "minimum days" (a.k.a. half days) as a result of the extreme heat and humidity yesterday and today -one of the few, no only, benefits of having no air conditioning at school. 

Anyways, that's enough complaining/bragging. Today I was SO excited to receive an item off of my wish list from one of my student's parents. If you are a teacher and you do not have a wish list you are missing out big time! 

I was afraid to make a wish list when I first started teaching because I work in a Catholic school and I was worried that the parents would complain about being asked to spend more money than they already do on tuition, uniforms, supplies, etc... However, I decided to be brave the next year and created a wish list on Classrooms by Walmart. I shared the list with parents but made sure to tell them that they were not obligated to buy anything, but that any contributions to our classroom would be greatly appreciated. I ended getting just about every single item that I requested and am now a huge advocate of classroom wish lists.

My list on Classrooms by Walmart was definitely helpful, however, this year I decided to branch out and use Amazon to make a wish list and I am loving it. Once you create a wish list on Amazon you can download the "Add to Wish List" button and add anything from anywhere on the internet. When I discovered this, I went a little bit crazy and start adding everything I have ever wanted for my classroom to my list. I shared the link to my Wish list on Back to School night and have already received about twenty books for my library, book bins, and my newest gadget that I mentioned being super excited about - my own personal, thermal laminator!!!! 



Of course, I had to try it out immediately! It took about five minutes to warm up and as soon as I got the blue light, I laminated everything within arm's reach and took pictures to show you how amazing this thing really is. 





Go check out my wish list and make your own! 

No comments

Back to Top