My Classroom

Every year I say I am going to leave my classroom the same and save myself some time, sweat, and tears. Of course, every year I change my mind at the last minute and decide to completely change everything and end up scrambling at the last minute to get everything done. It's not that I didn't like the way my room looked last year it's just that, like a mother bird, I need to "nest" every year and create a new home for my new kids.

Here is a before picture i.e. the condition that I found my classroom in after being gone for a very short two and a half weeks between summer school and our report date for the new school year.




I, naturally, saw this as an opportunity to start from scratch and decided to empty out and reorganize my entire room. Yes, including my classroom library and all of my closets. I have a problem. So, I put everything out in the open and got down to business. 



 I had SUCH a hard time arranging my room this year! I must have moved the furniture around at least fifteen times before finally settling because I needed to stop worrying about arrangement and focus on preparing for final registration day (when parents and students get to come visit our classrooms). I have some really great pieces of furniture to work with in my classroom, however, some of them are built in to the wall which limits my options for changing things up.Nonetheless, I made it work somehow and moved on (for now). Here is my after picture of part of the room. I will share more later!


No comments

Back to Top