Math Organization

During the school year I posted the picture below of how I organize my math materials on Instagram and I had several people ask to see what's inside the bins & for me to share the labels that I use, so I decided to do a quick post on here to answer all of your questions and share all of the products that I use!


These cases are where I organize my math materials by unit. I keep manipulatives in a separate area where kids can reach and use them whenever they want to. This stuff is what I pull out only during the specific unit. Inside each box there are centers, task cards, workbooks, small group materials, etc...

Clear Plastic Cases: These are scrapbook cases that I bought at Michael's. They are a little bit pricey if you need to buy a lot, but I have never paid full price for them! I always use coupons, my teacher discount, and wait until they are on sale to stock up. I also found a set of 6 of them on Amazon when I was browsing their prime day deals & you can find those here. (Disclaimer: I have not ordered the Amazon cases, so I can't promise that they are the same size/quality as the ones that I have!)

Labels: I created this set of 50 printable labels by going through the math standards for grades K-6. I print these out on white cardstock and then use clear packing tape to stick them on to the scrapbook cases. If there is a label you need that's not included, please let me know and I will add it!



What's Inside: Because we do Math Workshop at my school, I need to have a lot of centers/hands on activities to allow students to practice whatever skill we are focusing on each week. I have gathered resources from several places, so I'm going to share some of my favorites with you here!

1. Superteacherworksheets.com: Do not be deceived by the name - this site does not only have worksheets, they also have a TON of interactive resources for every math standard you could possibly think of. They have task card sets, games, puzzles, I have...Who has cards, center activities and more. This site is not free, but it's only $24.95 for a year subscription and that gives you unlimited access to all of the products!

2. 3rd Grade Math Centers Bundle: I bought this bundle the first year that I taught third grade and I LOVE IT! For each unit, there are 10 centers that cover all the different strands. For example - in the Place Value unit there is a center for digit values, rounding, differentiating between tens and hundreds, expanded form, making numbers, word problems, and more. This has been a huge time-saver and a great way to check understanding! (Not So Wimpy Teacher has bundles for other grade levels as well!)

3. My Math Center Activities: Whenever I have not been able to find just the right resource for a specific skill in math, I've created my own! Check out the links below for my resources.

Kindergarten:
Measuring Weight Center Activities

3rd Grade:
Data & Graphs Resources

Geometry Resources

Multi-Digit Subtraction Unit

Pattern Unit

Rounding Unit

Math Task Cards: Addition As the Inverse of Subtraction



No comments

Back to Top