Reindeer Games

I am running out of Christmas ideas and we still have 4 days of school left! :/ As I mentioned before, this week has been NUTS. Every day we have had to drop what we were working on multiple time to go jump on stage and practice our Christmas program song or go get our vision tested or take pictures with Santa. Last night we finally had our Christmas performance and, as usual, everything came together perfectly at the last minute and it was adorable and the parents loved it.

Amidst all of the madness, we were able to do a mini unit on Reindeer that I wanted to share. We started off the day by reading Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and singing his song together. (If you don't have your own copy of the book you can read it online for free on wegivebooks.com).
Then, I asked the kids to tell me what they already knew about Reindeer and we made a little chart of information.


(One of them said, "they smell better than people!!??", and, while I appreciated the Frozen reference, I told her that that was just a joke from the movie and that it is most likely not true - Sorry!)

After that we watched a video, looked at pictures, and read the information on the San Diego Zoo Kids page about Reindeer.


Then we talked about the new information that we learned about Reindeer and I passed out these All About Reindeer writing pages and told them to write me a report including everything that they knew about the animal. Some of them did a really awesome job!!




After they finished writing we did this cute little Reindeer craft to frame our writing before hanging it up for everyone to see.



The writing pages and craft template came from the Reindeer Games packet made by A Cupcake for the Teacher.

No comments

Back to Top