Instagram Roundup

Hi guys!

I have been so awful at blogging this year! Switching schools and grade levels has been keeping me busier than ever! I still want to be able to share things (products, links, freebies, etc...) with you all that I can't share on Instagram, so I decided to do what a few of my favorite non-teacher bloggers do and just post a quick roundup of the things that you have seen in my Instagram stories and pictures.

Math: Fractions




I also created one of my own for Word Problems with Fractions that you can grab for free below!


Another resource you may have seen on my Instagram is the Third Grade Math Centers Bundle that I bought during the most recent TPT sale. Let me just say: IT IS AMAZING! For Math Workshop we need so many different activities to give kids hands-on independent practice with new skills and this has already saved me so much time. I just opened up the folder for fractions, printed and prepped the ten centers and recording booklets, and we were good to go for several days!




Reading: Character Studies
If you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure you have seen plenty of pictures from this unit! 
My team and I have talked A LOT about how long it takes to read the lesson plans in the Units of Study books and how much easier life would be if they just got straight to the point (no offense to the authors of the book)! So, I decided to sit down and create a resource with short and sweet overviews of each lesson, traceable anchor charts for teaching, printable worksheets for students to use, and more! You can grab my Character Studies unit here or by clicking on any of the pictures below.







Writing: Fairy Tale Adaptations

Before we started actually writing our Fairy Tale Adaptations, we read a few sample adaptations and discussed what the author had changed. I made a little note-taking page and anchor chart for this lesson that you can grab for free by clicking on the pictures below!



Social Studies: Ancient Egypt
We don't have a textbook for Social Studies that includes anything on Ancient Egypt, so I created an Ancient Egypt Notebook to go along with the information on Ducksters.com. I start each lesson with a video from Brainpop or Discovery Education and then have students go online and take notes on the topic of the day. We review those notes at the end of class to make sure that they have the correct information in their notebooks because I will be sending those home as a study guide for the test. Ducksters also has quizzes at the end of each page that I am using as my social studies grades throughout this unit!


Alright, that's it for this week! Have a great weekend & a happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments

Back to Top